Enjoy a scenic flight over the Mary River Floodplain’s where your will see the amazing wetlands from the air.
Seeing the length and breadth of this amazing landscape by air is an experience that you will find hard to describe. Checkered with glorious specks of colour, the rivers weave in and out across the land as you glide across vast escarpment and wetlands.
Get a 360-degree view of the Mary River and Kakadu National Park
Choose from our flight options or speak with our pilot and custom design your special scenic flight experience.
- 45 Minute Scenic Flight: This flight takes you out across the Mary River, Shady Camp and surrounding areas. The crocodiles banked up on the shores warming their skin with the day's sun, will give you an eerie sense of what lurks below.
- 1/2 Day Kakadu Scenic Flight & Cruise: prepare your day to head across to Kakadu National Park and see the expansive escarpments that have been home to our indigenous peoples for centuries. Land at Cooinda and stop at the lodge for lunch, then check out the Warradjan Cultural Centre. You won’t believe how vast the countryside is in this world heritage listed parkland. While you are in Kakadu, you will also enjoy a 1.5hr boat cruise along the Yellow Water Billabong, a part of the South Alligator River floodplains.
Flying in a small plane is different to a big passenger plane as it is a far more personal and exhilarating experience. Being closer to the ground you get a real Birdseye view on what lies below. Watching buffalo gallop across the wetlands, crocodiles on the waters edge and birds fly off into the horizon, nothing beats the feeling.
Our Cessna 182 and 210, Fixed Wing, is suitable for between 2 and 4 people.
Explore All Tours
Visit for the day
Visit for the day and enjoy a spectacular scenic view of the wetlands, a trip on our exclusive home billabong tour and lunch or afternoon tea in our restaurant.
This is the perfect option for those who want an escape or outback adventure from Darwin. Morning and afternoon options available.
Morning Scenic Flight + Lunch + Cruise Package
- Leave the hustle and bustle of Darwin behind and let your spirit soar on this breath-taking 1-hour scenic flight to Wildman Wilderness Lodge.
- Witness spectacular aerial views of the Top End including the Mary River National Park, Adelaide River, Lee Point, Shady Camp and Corroboree Billabong.
- Then, as the sun warms up and nature comes to life, embark on a relaxing 1-hour cruise on Home Billabong. Your experienced guide will captivate you with fascinating facts as you glide past an array of exotic birds, wildflowers and prehistoric-looking crocodiles!
- Finally, Wallaby watch as you enjoy a provided lunch and refreshments before returning to Darwin on a direct air transfer.
- Your estimated arrival in Darwin is 1.30pm, in time to enjoy your evening activities.
Download the brochure
Explore All Tours
Afternoon Scenic Flight + Cruise + Afternoon Tea Package
- Departing Darwin at 2.30pm you will hit the skies for a direct flight to Wildman Wilderness Lodge. Journey on a truly remarkable 1-hour cruise along Home Billabong, immersing yourself in the sights and sounds of nature while your experienced guide provides fascinating facts about our amazing wildlife.
- Make sure you have your camera ready and keep an eye out for crocs!
- Then, unwind as you enjoy the serenity of Wildman Wilderness Lodge with provided afternoon tea and refreshments.
- At 5.30pm you will depart for Darwin on a 1-hour scenic flight sure to take your breath away. Be mesmerised by the spectacular sunset aerial views of some of the Top End’s most iconic sights including the Mary River National Park, Adelaide River, Lee Point, Shady Camp and Corroboree Billabong.